top of page

Will your foundation last?

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do,

do it all for the glory of God."

I Corinthians 10:31 Let's Discuss... I would like to take a moment to discuss food & water intake. Have you ever thought about what food consumption looked like 1,000 years ago? Or maybe even 200 years ago? It probably looked very similar, with daily calorie intake being dictated by whatever was grown or harvested in close proximity to someone’s residence. Fast forward another 120 years where eating fads, weight reduction surgery and diet pills, with deadly side effects, are a common occurrence. Like all aspects of life, people are attracted to the easy way out. Some studies show up to 50% of Americans are overweight and childhood obesity has tripled in the last 30 years. Don't Overthink This! Now, I am not saying that the Keto diet, intermittent fasting or the Atkins diet wont help with weight loss, I’m sure they can. But if we are looking at a long term sustainable diet, there is no need to over think this. I am a firm believer that if we eat clean 80% of the time, we will be fine as long as the other 20% isn’t a total train wreck of donuts and gravy! Keep it Simple A few examples to go by are to focus on whole foods – lean meats, vegetables and fruit – none of which are fried. Omit nearly all processed food, we were not built to survive on refined sugar, and drink 100+ ounces of water per day. A Solid Foundation These simple guidelines will provide for a solid foundation of living the healthy life that we should be living. Men need to be the leader of the family in all aspects of life and healthy eating habits will provide us the energy to attack the other areas of life that need our attention. Hope You Enjoy This! Here is a recipe for Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken that I made earlier this week. Lindsay has been out of town, and I’ve been able to have several meals from 10 mins of prep work late Sunday evening.


Jon Ross Henderson MD5 Facilitator

4 views0 comments

Comentarios


bottom of page